Program Management Support for the Department of State
Orizon has been awarded an initial and a follow-on contract to support the Planning
Division of the Department of State’s Bureau of Information Resource Management
(IRM). The two major tasks are to provide program management support directly to
the Planning Division and to support the State Messaging and Archive Retrieval Toolset
(SMART) program management office and other project offices. Orizon support has
- Assisting in the implementation and monitoring of Capital Planning and Investment
Control (CPIC) process within the Department.
- Supporting the operations of the Department’s E-Government Program Board, E-Government
Advisory Group and the E-Government Working Group that are responsible for the CPIC
process within the Department.
- Developing and administering CPIC-related training.
- Assisting with data collection and finalizing budgetary submissions for information
technology (IT) programs.
- Assisting with the development and review of the Department of State’s OMB Exhibit
300s and Exhibit 53s for the Department’s 27 major IT projects.
- Developing methods to align current strategic planning and the IT Capital Planning
Process with E-Government and other President’s Management Agenda (PMA) initiatives.
- Assisting in developing, coordinating and monitoring Department of State initiatives
in response to PMA guidance and compliance requirements.
- Providing system administration support and training for eCPIC (formerly the Information
Technology Investment Portfolio System (I-TIPS)), which includes updating project
and user information and testing.
- Analyzing, editing and writing/rewriting regulations.
- Advising the SMART Program Manager on all aspects of capacity planning and system
- Estimating development, deployment, and other life-cycle costs.
- Developing forecasting and capacity models.